Imagine if residents could do it all from their phones. The true value of a seamless move-in experience starts when a property manager can cut research time and help with logistics, making the move-in process smoother from the first moment they connect with a potential client.
Refining the move-in process is the first step to enticing newcomers and the first opportunity to impress long-term residents.
Class A multifamily management knows that focusing on the basics takes time away from priorities like experiential amenities. Preventing turnover starts the first moment a potential resident steps into a property.
That’s why a spotless apartment with zero maintenance issues is a move-in baseline for luxury buildings. Other starting line basics like bundled utilities, designated EV charging parking spots, and uncluttered package and mail pick-up are simple ways to help apartment dwellers find comfort in their new homes.
Here are the Top 7 White Glove Move-in Services to Start Offering in 2022:
- Concierge moving services that take care of the details, so residents don’t have to juggle wrapping up a previous home, organizing a moving company, or booking the loading dock and service elevators. Don’t forget to partner with a moving company that understands fragile or unusual items requiring special transport, such as pianos, fine art, safes, or high-worth collections. Unboxing, unpacking, & trash removal options should be included in concierge moving services.
- Handywork services booked via your all-inclusive community app, allowing residents to schedule those final touches, like tv mounting or furniture assembly. Don’t forget to educate residents on any building regulations that might prevent wall mounting, like steel instead of wood beams behind that drywall.
- Bundled utilities or account set-up for cable, internet, electric, water, and trash should be easily connected upon lease signing. If your community doesn’t offer bundled utilities, offer company information for each utility a resident would need prior to move-in.
- Move-in cleaning is a breeze with a trusted cleaning company booked through your branded community app.
- Prepared meals ordered on your building app and delivered on move-in day. Residents appreciate a healthier option than take-out, making move-in easier than stressing about which box has the cooking utensils.
- Automated lists and reminders via your branded community app for move-in progress by days or weeks, so residents can plan accordingly. Once a resident downloads your app, the rest is easy. Automate onboarding, reduce emails, and streamline communication for both sides.
- Provide a First Day Essentials Box with handy items:
- Branded swag
- USB phone charging cable
- Toilet paper
- Paper towel roll
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable snacks
- Instant coffee or bottled cold brew